2018 COPO Camaro
Hot Wheels 50th Anniversary Edition.
The COPO Camaro for 2018 featured an exclusive Supercrush exterior color and a Hot Wheels appearance package that will be offered with the latest edition of Chevrolet’s factory-built drag racer. An all-new, high-revving 302 Gen V Small Block was also available.
“The introduction of a new COPO Camaro is always exciting and the new engine and Hot Wheels package expand choices for customers,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “Chevrolet has supported Camaro drag racers for more than 50 years and the historic COPO Camaro program continues to offer them more ways to win.”
The new 302 racing engine is based on the LT1 engine offered in the 2018 Camaro SS, but built for drag racing with unique components. Its displacement derives from a shorter-stroke crankshaft than the production engine that enables exceptional high-rpm capability.
COPO Camaro customers could also select a naturally aspirated 427 (7.0L) or supercharged 350 (5.7L) racing engine. The supercharged 350 enabled mid-8-second quarter-mile times at nearly 160 mph. All COPO Camaro engines were backed by an SFI-approved ATI TH400 three-speed automatic transmission.
As with the previous editions, 2018 COPO Camaro models were designed for NHRA’s Stock Eliminator classes. They were fitted with racing chassis and suspension components, including a unique solid rear axle system in place of a regular-production Camaro’s independent rear axle.
Please Visit My Sponsors:
COPO Camaro News:
- Watch Chevrolet eCOPO Electric Camaro Do A Smoky Burnout
- GM unveils 700-horsepower electric Camaro
- Chevrolet Camaro eCOPO unveiled as a 800-volt, 9-sec EV dragster
- Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro Concept Can Run a 9-Second Quarter Mile
- It's Back! Marking 50 Years, Chevrolet Introduces A COPO Camaro With A 427 V8
- GM's Chevrolet Debuts A 9-Second, eCOPO Camaro Electric-powered Drag Race Car In Vegas
- Automakers Deliver Some Neat Tricks and Plenty of Treats for SEMA Show
- GM unveils 700-horsepower electric Camaro and, maybe, a way to build your own
- Electric Chevrolet eCOPO Camaro only burns rubber
- Chevrolet Terrorizes Tesla With 700HP eCOPO Camaro Concept
- 2019 Chevy COPO Camaro Gets Retro Look To Mark 50-Year Milestone
- Chevy eCOPO Camaro Concept Electrifies Drag Strip With 700+ HP